“TeaseMe”’s Personal Data Protection Policy
In TeaseMe.com.my, we are committed to protecting your privacy as an online visitor to our website. This Personal Data Protection policy sets out the policies that “TeaseMe” follow when collecting, using, disclosing, retaining and removing your personal data in accordance with Malaysia’s Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “PDPA”).
It also describes other important topics relating to your privacy, which we take seriously.
This policy may be updated from time to time to keep up with changes in statutory regulations. So please do check the prevailing version applicable.
To begin, “Personal Data” refers to data, whether true or not, about any individual who can be identified from that data or from that data in combination with other information, to which “TeaseMe” may have access.
By subscribing for, purchasing or using any of “TeaseMe”’s products, services or campaigns or submitting information to or otherwise communicating with “TeaseMe” (through email, by telephone, via our website or otherwise), you agree and consent to “TeaseMe” collecting, using and disclosing your Personal Data in accordance with this policy.
Collection and Storage of Personal Data
We will receive and store information that you enter on our website and provide to us in any other way from time to time.
Personal Data collected by “TeaseMe” may include any of the following:
- name, title, address;
- personal identification and/or passport number;
- telephone number;
- email addresses and online passwords;
- communication records with “TeaseMe”;
- responses to market surveys and contests conducted by “TeaseMe”;
- credit card or debit card information;
- camera or video footage that identifies individuals (including CCTV footage);
- website usage information.
We may collect your Personal Data:
- when you order or purchase products or services from us;
- when you post a feedback or interact with us over meetings, emails, texts or telephone calls (which may be recorded for training, quality control, business and/or other lawful purposes);
- when you use our services including establishing any online accounts with us;
- when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list;
- when you respond to our promotions, campaigns or other initiatives or attend our events;
- when you visit our website;
- when you take part in any contest, survey or promotion conducted by us and/or our business partners;
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons; and/or
- when we collect your Personal Data by other lawful means.
“TeaseMe” only collects, uses and discloses personal data with an individual’s consent or deemed consent or as otherwise permitted under the PDPA or other applicable laws and regulations.
In providing any Personal Data to us, you warrant and represent to us that (a) Personal Data which you disclose to us is accurate and complete; and (b) where you volunteer Personal Data of another person to us, that you are authorized by such other person to disclose such Personal Data to us, and that such Personal Data is accurate and complete.
You should consult your parent or guardian before giving us your Personal Data if you are under the age of eighteen (18).
Use of Your Personal Data
“TeaseMe” will generally only collect and use Personal Data for the following primary purposes:
- to verify and process your personal particulars and payments;;
- to provide our goods and services to you;
- to respond and deal with enquiries and other customer-care matters or otherwise communicate with you;
- to monitor or record phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, training and performance evaluation and identity verification purposes;
- to manage payment, billing, and accounting matters;
- to send you information, promotions, updates, and marketing and advertising materials in relation to our goods and services;
- to manage, develop and improve our business and operations (including our website) to serve you better;
- to carry out marketing promotions and campaigns, contests, market surveys and personalising your experience with us;
- to carry out market research and customer surveys;
- to conduct investigations or audits or to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- for other purposes for which we have obtained your consent; and/or
- for any other purposes reasonably necessary, ancillary or related to the above specified purposes.
However, all of the above will only apply if you have registered or subscribed to such publications by registering your details with us.
Disclosure of your information
“TeaseMe” only discloses Personal Data:
- for the primary purposes for which it was collected; or
- for purposes that a reasonable person will consider appropriate in the circumstances; or
- where the individual has consented; or
- for direct marketing by “TeaseMe” where consent has been given but always giving individuals the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing (“TeaseMe” includes its contact details in any direct marketing so please feel free to let us know if you wish to opt out); or
- where permitted under the PDPA or other applicable law or if required by law.
We will never disclose your Personal Data for any secondary purposes unless your consent has been given or if so permitted or required under the PDPA or other applicable laws and regulations. We will likewise never sell or license any Personal Data that we collect from an individual.
However, we may from time to time face a need to disclose certain information, which may include your Personal Data to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request. We may also use your Personal Data to protect our rights, property or safety of our customers or third parties.
Transfer of your Personal Data
By providing us with Personal Data, you agree that such Personal Data may be transferred, stored and/or processed in a country or territory outside Malaysia and you consent to any such transfer, storage and/or processing of your Personal Data outside Malaysia. We will however ensure that any party to whom we transfer your Personal Data outside Malaysia provides to such Personal Data a standard of protection at least comparable to the protection under the PDPA. This includes without limitation ensuring that any party coming into contact with the Personal Data outside Malaysia:
- takes all appropriate measures to ensure such compliance by implementing such Data Standards as may be notified by us to them from time to time and appropriate technical and organisational measures and providing a standard of protection for the Personal Data that is comparable to the protection under the PDPA;
- protects the Personal Data by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, use, disclosure or modification.
Accuracy, Correction & Access
“TeaseMe” endeavours to ensure that information and Personal Data you provide to us is accurate and up-to-date by updating its records whenever changes to information come to its attention.
If you have submitted Personal Data to us electronically or otherwise, and would like it corrected, then please feel free to send us a written request to the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will comply with reasonable requests to correct your Personal Data as soon as practicable.
If you wish to be provided with information regarding your Personal Data that is in the possession or under the control of “TeaseMe” or understand the ways in which such Personal Data has been used or disclosed by us in the year preceding such request, then please likewise send a written request by email to the Privacy Officer at email@example.com or at the address below. We will handle such requests as soon as reasonably possible in accordance with the PDPA.
Security of your Personal Data
“TeaseMe” takes protection of your Personal Data seriously, and is committed to taking reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Data is securely stored and protected against risks of unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or destruction.
We protect Personal Data from misuse or loss by restricting access to the information in electronic format and by reasonable and appropriate physical and communications security measures. Any data destroyed is also disposed of in a manner that protects the privacy of Personal Data in an appropriate manner.
Notwithstanding our security measures for protecting your Personal Data, we should highlight that no data transmission over the Internet is entirely secure and by providing your Personal Data to us in this manner, you understand that you transmit this information at some risk.
As with most websites, when you visit the “TeaseMe” website, we may record anonymous information such as IP addresses (where not used to identify a specific individual), time, date, referring URL, pages accessed and documents downloaded, duration of stay or use, type of browser and operating system. Such information is usually collected on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
We also use “cookies”, which are small files that stay on your computer until, depending on whether they are sessional or persistent cookies, you turn your computer off or they expire. Cookies may collect and store your Personal Data. You may adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled you may still use our website but may be limited in the use of some of the features. Cookies do not access information stored on your computer.
By accessing and using our website and services, you consent to the storage of cookies on your devices. You also consent to the access of such cookies information by us or our representatives or agents.
Usage of links on our website